12 September 2009

COMEBACK KID

Six months ago, something happened. The decision was made to stop denying joy, to stop making life harder than necessary.

Six months ago, the decision was made that I was no longer going to be a male of two cities.

As much as I loved my time in New York City, I knew that my time was up. By June, it was definite that I would be moving back to Washington, DC--job lined up, lease signed, bags (mentally) packed. It was tough to tell my friends and family that I was moving on, but I knew that "The Fifth Lady" and I wanted different things. In the one year I spent in the Big Apple, I began to find characteristics I did not like about the place. Soon enough, there were fewer things I heart-ed and the things I hated were multiplying like bunnies. So I decided to choose happiness and ran back to the arms of a former lover--Washington, DC.

Disclaimer: This does not mean that I do not love New York City anymore, instead I wanted to avoid hating NYC forever. I just fell out of love.

And so, here we are today. A Male of Two Cities is reborn as The Chicken Bone, a new blog about living based on the same philosophy I apply when scarfing down chicken wings: get the most meat from it and leave only the bones.

Sorry Forrest, life is not like a box of chocolates. If anyone knows anything about me, life is more like a plate of chicken wings--full of spice, filled with flavor, and reasonably priced. My new goal with this blog is to document my journey to the bone. I'll share all the juicy details and meaty stories as I navigate through this savory experience called life.

From food to fashion, movies to books, frustrations to fitness, you can find it memorialized on here. This time, I'll update more frequently and make sure to give you a reason to come back.

After all, who doesn't want to get down to the bone?

1 comment:

jaci said...

I'm so happy to have you back in blogging world. And you are the epitome of to the bone. Although I might struggle with this blog because it really makes me want to eat spare ribs. (I bet you didn't know that I secretly LOVE LOVE LOVE spare ribs. future secret date?)