24 December 2009

OPEN AND SHUT CASE

The end of the year has always been exciting for me. While I take the second to last week reflecting on people and accomplishments I'm thankful for, the last week is reserved for strategizing on how to make the world and myself better.

In the spirit of giving, I am going to share some of my favorite deals of the year.

Target Brand (Up Up, Market Pantry and Archer Farms) Products: Target has been a long-time favorite for a one-stop best bang for your buck. All products are priced reasonably and if you need something, you will definitely find it at Target. To top it off, their Photo Center and the Target Cafe are unbeatable service stations. But, their in-house version of sleep aids, 12-grain bread, basic long-sleeve tshirts, etc. take the cheese. Target has mastered the art of quality and quantity, proving why the red and white is the mecca for lifelong bargain hunters.

Thrillist.com: Like a sherpa, Thrillist.com has served a guide through my last year, showing me only the best of the best restos, gear sales, and services. Ranging from fresh Lower East Side barbershops to exclusive happy hours on the Hill, Thrillist.com is like a man about town who is always in the know and those week-daily emails make me feel like I'm his best friend who he can't withhold these secrets.

Restaurant.com: A site that not only helps stimulate the economy and satiate my love for dining out, it is constantly providing $25 gift certificates to local eateries, for ten, not five, but usually four dollars.

Brightest Young Things NYE 2010: A Space Fantasy: It's only fitting that I am finishing 2009 partaking in the best deal of the year. I've always been turned off by New Year's Eve celebrations due to the spectacle and cost. Last year, I rang in 2009 atop Times Square at a friend's 64th floor apartment with  the most special people. While I thought it was the best deal possible, the BYT extravaganza plans to knock the apartment soiree out of this decade. Included in the $45 cover is a quality-brand open bar, multiple dancehalls, laser tag in the garage, and no dress code. The best part? All of my friends will be there--boys, girls, breeders, grinders, human, avatar--promising to be the start of the best year ever!

On that note, here are some of my New Year's resolutions.

+treat my body like a temple
+lose the NYC neurosis from 2008/2009
+perform like a chief of staff
+say please and thank you more often
+schedule time to think
+use my library card

I've always been a believer in proclaiming promises because then other people can keep you honest. So people, keep me honest!!

No comments: