10 October 2009

SPINNING MASHUPS

My personality is like a mash up track, two different, almost opposite, but equally good things that join forces to become one amazing SOB that slaps you in the face and can't help but love.

As featured on this weeks episode of Glee, mash ups are succinctly defined as two songs combined to create a "richer explosion of musical expression." While both groups would have been better executed their arrangements at a slower tempo, I enjoyed both performances of It's My Life/Confessions and Halo/Walking on Sunshine. Anywho, mash ups bring joy and a different type of danceability which has entered the mainstream the past few years due to artists like Girl Talk as well as the legal issues at the core of the artform in regards to copyright infringement. Nonetheless, mash ups make people feel damn good!

I successfully passed through my first spin class earlier this week and credit it to the mash ups played. I would like to share some of the wonderful music that got me through the 45 minutes of jumps, 2/3/4s, and leg cramps:



Coldplay/Buena Vista Social Club - Clocks


Cassie/Nick Kamen - Each Time U & Me


My favorite mash up of during the class was Snap Yo Fingers v. Escape (The Pina Colada Song), which I could not find online.

Anyways, enjoy and live your life like a mash up!

No comments: