07 January 2009

AMERICAN, F$*% YEAH!

The last few minutes of my day at work is spent anxiously counting down the minutes until I attend a networking event at a bar in Midtown Manhattan.

Not really, but the excitement is actually there. The networking event is hosted by my Alma Mater, American University. The invitees are current undergrads taking time from their winter recess to see what working in NYC is all about and wildly successful Alums from the area. Wildly successful may be an overstatement, but you know what they say..."If I can make it there [the Big Apple], I'll make it anywhere." ANYWHERE? Nice. Because I feel like I'm kinda making it here. Mind you, I'm dreaming about my work and when my salary and living expenses don't really equate. But really, Frankie Blue Eyes would say I'm making it.

What truly makes this first ever Alumni event I am attending so exciting is that I can badmouth my grad school -- Columbia University. Sure there are tons of areas that Columbia shadows American. But as of this Tuesday at Bender Arena where dreams are made a reality, the Eagles beat, beat, beat the Lions.


So let's all join in and give a yell for AU and victory!!

No comments: